14 Aug Introducing Chef Kara
Everyone, meet Chef Kara Anderson, who is now leading The Sundry’s culinary team. We could go on and on about her, but here are a couple tidbits:
- She has degrees in Agriculture Education -and- Culinary Arts
- She led kitchens in Portland, OR for 2+ years
- She was sous chef at The Rieger here in KC with James Beard Award nominated Chef Howard Hanna (and just an awesome guy, to boot!)
- She can butcher a hog or tell you how to infuse peach pits into milk, which is a real thing, apparently!
We’re very proud and excited to have her at The Sundry!
So what does this mean you and your tastebuds have to look forward to? Much! Such as:
- New Kitchen menu items! Chef Kara has already added a Crispy Chicken Sandwich & a Roasted Eggplant Tartine to the lunch & dinner menu. She’s also added a Fresh Corn Polenta and Sorghum Pecan Sticky Buns to the weekend brunch menu.
- Charcuterie made with Berkshire pork from Of The Earth Farm
- Seasonally rotating, from-scratch pastries & breads
- Vegetables harvested directly from Cultivate Kansas City’s on-site Westport Commons farm
Heads up – She’s planning a full seasonal menu change for September 22 – the Autumnal Equinox, which will also include new, weekly family-style dinner menus.
Please feel free to say ‘Hello!’ to Chef Kara the next time you visit us. She looks forward to meeting everyone!